With Valentine's Day right around the corner, do you have a home cooked meal planned? We are here to help! We have planned out a romantic four-course meal for you!
- 4 cups tightly packed baby Arugula
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup Vigo Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1 pint Grape tomatoes
- 1 cup cucumber slices
- 1 cup candied walnuts
- 5 ounces Alessi Pear Infused White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 ounces grape seed oil
- Alessi Sea Salt, to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
Mix Vinegar, corn syrup, honey, salt and pepper in a mixer. Add oil slowly until incorporated, then refrigerate.
In a large bowl, place the Arugula and 1/2 cup of vinaigrette. Add the rest of ingredients and toss well.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, drained and trimmed
- 3 teaspoons Vigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Alessi Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons Alessi Pine Nuts
- 2 tablespoons Vigo Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Preheat oven to 450.
Toss asparagus with 1 teaspoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in single layer on baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
Meanwhile, toast pine nuts in a dry sauté pan over medium heat until golden brown. Add the remaining olive oil, breadcrumbs and lemon juice and mix. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over roasted asparagus and serve.
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef or pork
- 1 cup Vigo Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Vigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Mix meat, bread crumbs and eggs thoroughly. Mold into 2" round balls.
Fry over medium heat, turning to brown all sides until done. Serve over your favorite Vigo Pasta!
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Vigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2/3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Alessi Fine Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 and grease loaf pan.
Using a mixer, combine sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl. Add eggs one at a time then add olive oil and milk. Mix until a thin batter is formed, being careful not to overblend.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt with a whisk. In batches, slowly add to liquid ingredients and mix until combined. Pour batter into loaf pan.
Bake for 1 hour until cake has risen and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before using a knife to loosen edges and remove from pan. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, lemon juice and butter. Drizzle over cake and let harden.