Quinoa, Edamame and Avocado Salad
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 cup Vigo Quinoa
- 12 ounces frozen shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Vigo Roasted Red Peppers, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Vigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Alessi White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Alessi Sea Salt and Black Peppercorns, to taste
Cook one cup quinoa in two cups water per package instructions. Let cool.
Meanwhile, drop edamame into boiling water and cook for 6 minutes. Drain.
In a medium bowl, add quinoa, edamame, black beans, roasted peppers, cumin, garlic and cilantro and toss.
Add oil, vinegar and avocado and season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Toss well and serve.