- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25-45 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds ground meat (or 1 lb. ground meat and 1/2 lb. Italian sausage, casings removed)
- 2 tablespoons Vigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pounds ricotta cheese, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 ounces grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 24 oz. jar Alessi Pasta Sauce (Smooth or Chunky)
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella
- pound 1 package Vigo One Step LasagneAdd
Brown meat in heated oil until cooked through. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta, eggs, parsley and 2 oz. grated cheese. Mix well and set aside.
Spread 2 Tbsp. pasta sauce in the bottom of a 12” x 8” x 3” ovenproof baking dish.
Arrange 3 noodles to cover bottom. Spread ½ cup cheese mixture, ½ cup meat mixture, ¼ cup mozzarella and ¼ cup pasta sauce over noodles. Top with another layer of noodles and repeat process. On final layer of noodles, top with remaining mozzarella, sauce and grated cheese.
Cook in conventional oven:
Cover and bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut and serve with additional sauce and cheese if desired.
Or microwave oven:
Cover and cook on high power a total of 15 minutes, rotating dish once. Let stand for 15 minutes. Cut and serve with additional sauce and cheese if desired.