Chocolate Chip Cookies with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12-24 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Alessi Sea Salt
- 3/4 cups Vigo Olive Oil (Extra Virgin, Pure, or Light)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 (11 oz) bag semisweet chocolate chips, divided use
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add olive oil, vanilla, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Add eggs and blend again.
- Slowly mix in flour mixture and beat until well blended.
- Retain ½ cup of chocolate chips and set aside.
- Add remaining chocolate chips and fold into dough with spoon.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Using your hands, form round balls using about 1 ½ of dough and place on parchment-lined baking sheets. Leave a couple of inches around each dough ball.
- Press a few chocolate chips on top of the dough balls and sprinkle a small amount of sea salt, if desired.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.