Penne with Eggplant
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 servings
Watch the Video Below
- 1/2 cup Vigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Alessi Garlic Puree
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled or unpeeled and diced
- 1 jar (24oz) Alessi Chunky Pasta Sauce
- Alessi Sea Salt, to taste
- 1 pound Vigo Penne RigateAdd
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, divided use
- fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- While water for pasta is heating, prepare sauce as follows:
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil
- Add garlic, eggplant and salt
- Once eggplant is tender and slightly brown, add pasta sauce and lower heat
- Cook pasta al dente and drain well.
- Return cooked pasta to pot and add sauce, ricotta and ¾ cup mozzarella. Mix well.
- Sprinkle each serving with remaining mozzarella and basil ribbons.