Shrimp Fried Rice
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
Watch the Video Below
- 1 1/2 cups Vigo Jasmine Rice
- 3 tablespoons Vigo Extra Light or Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided use
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Vigo Sea Salt & Black Peppercorns, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Alessi Garlic Puree
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen pea and carrot mix, thawed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup frozen edamame, thawed and patted dry
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2-3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3/4 cups bean sprouts
- 3 green onions, tops only, chopped (optional)
- Add Jasmine rice and 3 cups water to a heavy-bottomed saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. Bring to a boil, stir, cover tightly and simmer. Cook undisturbed for 18-20 minutes.
- In a large wok or skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil over medium heat. Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper and stir-fry until pink (about 3 minutes). Remove shrimp to a platter.
- To the same skillet, add 2 Tbsp oil. Add garlic, onions and cooked rice and stir fry for 3-4 minutes. Add peas, carrots, and edamame and stir-fry another 3-4 minutes. Push rice mixture to one side of skillet and pour eggs on the other. Stir fry eggs until cooked and then mix together with rice. Add soy sauce, bean sprouts, and shrimp and stir-fry 2-3 minutes until shrimp are heated through. Top with green onions. Serve.