- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 35 minutes
- Yield: 12-14 croquettes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups ham or chicken, cooked and ground
- Alessi Sea Salt
- Alessi Black Pepper
- Vigo Golden Toasted Bread CrumbsAdd
Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed pan. Mix in onion, flour and milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
In a separate bowl, beat one egg with lemon juice, then add to flour mixture. Add ham or chicken, and season with salt and pepper. Pour into a shallow bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
Shape into 3" footballs. Roll in flour, then dip into mixture of one egg beaten with 2 tablespoons water. Roll in bread crumbs. Deep-fry in vegetable in hot vegetable oil until golden brown.