Sicilian Crust Chicken
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4-8 ounces chicken breasts, pounded slightly to tenderize
- Vigo Sea Salt and Black Peppercorns
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Vigo Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Fresh celery leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Asiago cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Vigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Written by: Chef Scott Bebell of Guppy’s
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and set aside.
Whisk together eggs and milk in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, cheese and celery leaves.
Dunk chicken in the egg wash so it is coated well. Place in the bread crumb mixture and press in the crumbs so the chicken is well coated. Set aside.
Place a large saute pan on medium high heat with the olive oil. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown. Flip the chicken over and turn heat down to low. When the second side is golden brown, check for doneness and place on a paper towel to pull off any excess oil.