- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed (about 1/2 medium squash)
- 2 tablespoons Vigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Alessi Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 cup Vigo Arborio RiceAdd
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 450. In a baking dish combine squash with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and bake for about 25 minutes. Set aside.
In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add remaining olive oil and onion. Cook until onion is soft and translucent, and stir in garlic puree. Add rice and toast in oil for about 2 minutes. Next, add wine and stir until liquid is absorbed.
Add chicken broth ½ cup at a time, allowing liquid to absorb before adding more. Continue adding broth in this manner until risotto is creamy and grains are softened but not overcooked.
When rice is almost done stir in cooked squash, nutmeg and Parmesan and season with salt and pepper.