Chicken Couscous Salad
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 ounces Vigo Couscous
- 5 ounces Chicken meat
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup drained chickpeas
- 6 ounces Vigo Roasted Red Peppers, julienned
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 lemon's juice
- 1/3 cup Vigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon curry
- few drops Tabasco sauce
- pinch of garlic powder
- Alessi Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup Alessi Pine Nuts, toasted
- Alessi Black Pepper
Bring broth and water to a boil. Add couscous and stir. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
Uncover and add chicken meat, tomato, green onions, chickpeas, roasted red peppers, currants and parsley.
In another bowl, blend lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, curry, Tabasco sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Toss dressing with salad and refrigerate for one hour.
Garnish with pine nuts and serve.