- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
Watch the Video Below
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten with 2 Tbsp water
- 3/4 cups Vigo Italian Style Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Vigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Vigo Sea Salt & Black Peppercorns, to taste
- 3/4 cups Alessi Smooth Marinara Sauce
- 4-6 slices mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice chicken lengthwise or pound between sheets of wax paper to ½” thickness. Pour flour into a shallow bowl and set aside. Whisk egg and water together in a shallow bowl and set aside. Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl and set aside. Place chicken breasts in flour and coat both sides. Dip coated chicken breast into egg mixture and then into bread crumb bowl, coating both sides.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet and fry chicken breasts until golden brown on both sides (about 2 minutes on each side). Remove to a baking pan lined with parchment. Season with salt and pepper. Top each chicken breast with a few Tbsp of sauce and then cover with a slice of cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature of the chicken reaches 160°F.