Parmesan Artichoke Stuffing
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 pound white bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Vigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Alessi Garlic Puree
- 1 12oz jar Vigo Quartered Marinated Artichoke Hearts, drained and chopped
- Alessi Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 2 cups chicken broth
Preheat oven to 350. Cut bread into 1” cubes and place in two shallow baking dishes. Bake until toasted and lightly brown, about 12-15 minutes.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Sauté mushrooms, celery, and onion until tender. Add garlic and artichokes and cook an additional 2-3 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, oregano and parsley.
In a small bowl, whisk together egg and chicken broth. In a large bowl, combine sautéed vegetables and bread cubes then add Parmesan. Pour egg mixture over bread and vegetables and mix well. Transfer to a large baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes then remove foil and bake an additional 10-15 minutes.