Crispy Baked Avocado Fries
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
Watch the Video Below
• For Fries • •
- 1 large avocado
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 package Vigo Cilantro Lime Panko Bread Crumbs
- vegetable oil for frying (if choosing to fry instead of broil)
• For Dipping Sauce • •
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- juice of 1/2 lime
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Slice avocado into ½ inch wedges.
- Place flour, eggs and bread crumbs in separate, shallow bowls.
- Dip avocado slices into flour to coat, then dip in egg mixture and, finally, coat in panko bread crumbs.
- Broil on low for 5 minutes or deep fry, in vegetable oil, at 360 degrees for 1 minute.
• If broiling, place breaded avocado slices onto baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray to help crisp and brown while baking.
- Prepare dipping sauce while fries are cooking by blending all sauce ingredients in a small bowl.