Fried Mozzarella Balls
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup Vigo Pure Olive Oil
- 8 ounces small mozzarella balls
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup Vigo Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Alessi Smooth Marinara, for dipping
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Drain mozzarella balls and pat dry. Place flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs in three shallow bowls.
Dredge mozzarella in flour, then egg wash and then coat in breadcrumbs. Fry in olive oil until golden brown on all sides, about 1 minute. Drain on a paper towel and serve with warm marinara.