Pad Thai Sweet Potatoes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
Watch the Video Below
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- 1/4 cup Vigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon (each) freshly ground Alessi Sea Salt and Black Peppercorns
- 1 1/2 cups Vigo Jasmine Rice
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup Pad Thai sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 jalapeño pepper, de-seeded and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil, set aside.
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 2” – 3” wedges, set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together garlic and oil. Add sweet potato wedges and toss to coat.
- Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet and place in oven. Roast until lightly browned and fork-tender, about 20 minutes.
- As potatoes are roasting, cook jasmine rice per package instructions. Set side.
- In large mixing bowl, combine lime, Pad Thai Sauce, brown sugar, salt/pepper and jalapeño.
- Using tongs, carefully add cooked sweet potato wedges and toss to coat.
- Serve rice in bowls and top with remaining sweet potato mixture. Garnish each bowl with peanuts and cilantro.