Quick and Easy Southwestern Quinoa
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 tablespoon Vigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons Alessi Garlic Puree
- 1 (15oz) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 (8oz) can yellow corn
- 1 cup Vigo Quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Alessi Sea Salt and Black Peppercorns, freshly ground to taste
- 4 cups mixed greens
• Optional Garnishes • •
- sliced avocado
- sour cream
- lime wedges
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a medium saucepan, sauté jalapeño and garlic in heated oil for about 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients (less mixed greens) to saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to simmer.
- Cook 20 – 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- A small amount of water may be added during cooking if a moister outcome is desired.
- Serve quinoa mixture over mixed greens and garnish, as desired.