- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound Ground Beef or Turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons Alessi Tomato Paste
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup Vigo Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Alessi Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, diced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 3.5oz. jar Alessi Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- parsley, finely chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 10 cups of a muffin tin.
Add all meatloaf ingredients to a medium sized bowl and combine using hands. Scoop about ½ cup of mixture and form into a ball. Press ball into muffin tin. The surface should be a slight dome shape.
Remove meat to make a 1 inch hole in the center (without reaching the bottom of the muffin tin) and place excess meat back in bowl. Fill the hole with couple pieces of mozzarella and re-cover with meat. Repeat.
Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until browned on top.
Steam or boil until fork tender.
Drain; add butter and ½ cup of milk. Mash using a potato masher until smooth, adding extra milk if necessary. The mash needs to be creamy but stiff enough to hold its shape when piped or piled onto the Meatloaf Cupcakes.
Dollop a bit of Alessi Sun Dried Tomato Pesto on the Meatloaf Cupcakes. Top with mashed potato, either by piping it or spooning them on. Serve with a sprinkle of parsley, if desired.
This recipe was created by Leanne Neff and Sofia Tsikitas.