- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Vigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 onion, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- 1 1/2 cups Vigo Arborio Rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- Vigo Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
Heat chicken broth in a medium sized pot.
In a separate 4 quart heavy bottomed saucepan, heat butter and olive oil, add onion and sauté until transparent. Stir in garlic. Add Arborio rice and stir until well coated (approximately 1 minute). Then add wine and stir until absorbed.
Add 1/2 cup of heated chicken broth. Continually stir while cooking until broth is absorbed. Rice should be cooking at a slow boil. Continue this process until half the chicken broth is absorbed.
Add walnuts, sage, and nutmeg. Continue the cycle of adding broth while stirring and cooking. Risotto should be creamy and moist, tender yet firm to the bite (al dente).
Once all chicken broth is absorbed, remove from heat, stir in cheese, adjust with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately with sage leaves as a garnish.