- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Vigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 can Vigo Artichoke Hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- Alessi Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 17.3 ounce package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
Preheat oven to 400. Add ½ tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet over medium heat and cook onion until soft and translucent; let cool. In a bowl, combine onion, artichokes, cream cheese, parmesan, garlic and salt and pepper. Beat 1 egg in a separate bowl and add to artichoke mixture.
Use remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to grease inside of 18 muffin tin cups, blotting any excess with a paper towel. Cut puff pastry sheets into 3 equal strips, then cut strips into 3 equal squares for a total of 18 squares. Place squares into muffin tins, pressing into bottom and sides but leaving corners pointing up. Add artichoke filling into each cup then twist corners of the puff pastry together to form a pocket. Beat remaining egg in a bowl and brush tops of pastry pockets with egg wash.
Bake until puffy and golden brown, about 20 minutes. These can be done in batches if you don’t have enough muffin tins. Let cool before serving.