- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound Vigo short cut pasta (penne, fusille)
- 2 tablespoons Vigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 8 ounces bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 28oz can Alessi Crushed Tomatoes
- Vigo Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions, toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and keep warm.
In a large sauté pan over medium heat add remaining olive oil. Cook bacon in oil until crispy, remove bacon from heat and crumble. Cook onion in bacon grease until soft and translucent. Add garlic puree and pepper flakes and cook for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add bacon back into the pan and season with salt and pepper.
Combine pasta with sauce and toss to coat. Serve with grated Parmesan.