Baked Panko Crab Cakes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon chives, chopped and divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 8 ounces lump crab meat, chopped
- Vigo Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Vigo Italian Style Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Vigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 350.
With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sour cream and garlic in a medium bowl until smooth. Add Parmesan cheese, egg , 1 tablespoon chives, and lemon zest and blend again. Gently fold in crab meat and salt and pepper. Set aside. In a separate bowl, combine panko bread crumbs and remaining chives. Add melted butter and stir to combine. Brush inside of 24 mini muffin tins with olive oil. Press panko mixture into the bottom and sides to form a crust. Spoon crab mixture into each crust and sprinkle with additional panko.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Let stand at least 5 minutes before removing from muffin tins.