- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- teaspoon 1 1/2 cans Alessi Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Alessi Ground Pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cups Vigo Orzo
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Alessi Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Vigo Extra Virgin Olive OilAdd
- 3/4 cups Vigo Feta Cheese, drained and crumbledAdd
- 1/2 cup Alessi Fire Roasted Italian Red Peppers, sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh Basil, choppped
Preheat oven to 375 and grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, mix egg, buttermilk and olive oil with a whisk until evenly combined. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix in feta, peppers and basil.
Fill muffin cups ¾ of the way full with the batter and bake for 18- 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Cool before removing from the tins.