- 2 tablespoons butters
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- 1 1/2 cans Alessi Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup basil, finely chopped
- Alessi Ground Pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cups Vigo OrzoAdd
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Grated Romano Cheese, to taste
In a large, heavy bottomed pot melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft and translucent. When almost done, add garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, chicken broth, and basil and season with pepper.
Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cook orzo according to package directions. Add orzo and cream to soup and stir well. Serve with grated Romano cheese.