- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup Vigo Quinoa
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1 12 ounce jar Alessi Fire Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 1.75 ounce jar Alessi Pine Nuts
- 1 tablespoon Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Alessi White Wine Vinegar
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup basil, finely chopped
- Alessi Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
Cook quinoa according to package directions, replacing 1 cup water with orange juice. Set aside to cool.
Drain the peppers and finely dice them. In a pan over medium heat, toast the pine nuts until golden, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil and vinegar. Add the quinoa, peppers, pine nuts, cucumber, tomato and basil. Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature.