- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound Vigo Penne
- 1 tablespoon Vigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- Alessi Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1.75 oz jar Alessi Fire Roasted Red Pepper, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook penne according to package directions. Drain and toss with olive oil to prevent sticking.
In a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in garlic puree and season with salt and pepper. Stir in flour until blended and whisk milk in gradually. Bring to a boil and stir in peppers and cheeses. If sauce becomes too thick, add more milk until desired consistency is reached.
Stir penne into the sauce and evenly coat.