- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Vigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/4 minced onion
- 3/4 cups Vigo Feta Cheese, drained and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- Alessi Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 17.3 ounce package from puff pastry sheets, thawed
Preheat oven to 400. Using a colander and paper towels, squeeze excess water from frozen spinach. Add ½ tablespoon olive oil to a skillet over medium heat and cook onion until soft and translucent; let cool.
In a bowl, combine spinach, onion, feta, garlic and salt and pepper. Beat 1 egg in a separate bowl and add to spinach mixture.
Cut puff pastry sheets into 3 equal strips, and then cut strips into 3 equal squares for a total of 18 squares. Place squares into muffin tins, pressing into bottom and sides but leaving the corners pointing up. Add spinach filling into each cup and then twist corners of puff pastry together to form a pocket. Beat remaining egg in a bowl and brush tops of pastry pockets with egg wash.
Bake until puffy and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool and use a knife to loosen spinach pockets from tins.