Greek Spaghetti Squash
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon Vigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Vigo Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- 14 ounces Alessi Crushed Tomatoes
- 3/4 cups Vigo Feta Cheese, drained and crumbledAdd
- 3 tablespoons Vigo Sliced Calamata Olives
Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Season spaghetti squash with olive oil, salt and pepper, and place cut-side down onto the baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes until soft. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
In a pan over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion in butter until soft and translucent then add garlic puree. Cook 2 minutes before adding tomatoes. Simmer until tomatoes are heated through.
In a small bowl combine feta and olives.
With a fork, shred spaghetti squash and place pulp in a large bowl, discarding shell. Serve squash topped with tomatoes and then sprinkle feta on top.